

We killed a rat in the house of a sister haha it was HILARIOUS!!!! I was stamping all around, and I squished him alot! It was funny!
My week has been great! We have been working and having a good time.
Thanksgiving isn't celebrated here.......but we have a family that is going to make a pie for us :), not pumpkin but it will still be good! :)
New comp is great. We get along together well. We have lots of fun joking around, and sometimes we joke in English. It's pretty fun. A good change!:) He is from Idaho Falls, Idaho. His Mom is from Mexico City, and his Dad is American.
There were a lot of changes when they changed Elder Tovar. 13 new americans came, and they gave a northern zone back to the Veracruz Mission because it was really far for the Pres to travel, so "Los Tuxtlas" aren't a part of the mission now.
This week was good. Elder Tovar left Tuesday, and instead of traveling with him and a couple other missionaries that had changes, I stayed with a member here and didn't do anything all day... it was boring haha. My new comp, Elder Anderson, got to Zapata at 10 at night, 11/16/10 haha. Another Elder in our zone recieved a kid (new missionary), a white boy. I started rambling to him in Spanish, and his eyes were really wide open and shocked. He didn't understand anything...hahaha, so I slowed down and helped. But I really didn't even notice that he was new :s haha. Me and Elder Anderson have seen the difference between new elders and old. They have their eyes wide open and are taking everything in, but I have my eyes half shut of exhaustion, and I move quickly. It was funny to see the difference.
Elder Anderson is from my generation, which means he will finish at the same time I will. I thought I was going to finish here in Zapata, but now that they sent me him, it's not a sure thing. They can change one of the two of us cause I don't think they will let us finish together. It would be hard for the next missionaries to come in and not know the area or anything, so I think in about two weeks they will change one of us haha. I was so ready to finish here cause I love it a lot! And next week we are gonna go to the Pyramids and all that cool stuff to make sure I get to go!:)
We have had a good week--changing a few things to be better and have more success and work harder. I don't even feel like I'm close to going home. It's weird cause everyone tells me that the elders, after they only have a couple months left, get lazy. But we aren't like that. It's funny. I know I can't be lazy or I'll get really bored, and the time will be cursed and it will pass by super slow. So gots to keep working, working, working :)
Well, that's about it for this week. Next week I should have more adventures to share!:)
Love you all tons, be good, and have fun!
Elder Stevens
No comments:
Post a Comment