Quiúbo!!!!!!
How’s everyone doing? Good. Great. Grand. Terrific! Awesome. You better be! Haha
First pic is of the Elders of "my generation" (means we all started the same time). Will tell you about the Gator later!
We are doing really well...the good news is that we are working with a family of four to get baptized this weekend, and one more lady too! One of the sons of this family is slightly mentally handicapped and can’t talk or communicate very well, but we are going to work hard with him so that he can be baptized with his family!
Experience of the week: Well, we had another baptism set for this week too--of an old man, very sick. We went to his house to teach him, and he took a turn for the worst (last Friday). We sat with him and talked a little bit, but he couldn’t hardly breathe or talk. We talked with his daughter, (a member inactivo). It was really affecting her. We offered a blessing, but they didn’t accept. We said a prayer and then left. While we were leaving, he told us "Why didn’t you come and teach me when I was younger and crazier?", and "I didn’t reach my baptism..... I didn’t reach it....." A little sad... then we left... In the night we ended up passing by his street, and we noticed there was a bunch of stuff there for a funeral. I told myself "no way! he died!" We went in, and sure enough he had passed away. We talked with the family, and it so happens that a couple of minutes after we left, (like 5), he died. He didn’t reach his baptism.....
But I know for a fact, without any doubt that he will have a second chance on the other side! He has the desire and is excited! How awesome is it to have such a beautiful plan in our lives that the Lord has given us! I love the plan of salvation, and I am so glad that I have a loving Heavenly Father! Although my friend died, I know he will have his day in the spirit world!
I love this Gospel, and I know that it changes lives! The mission is something that teaches you on so many levels, and there really is nothing like it! I am so grateful to be here and grateful to have such support behind me! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I hope you all do well!
Don’t forget to pray and read the scriptures every day!
Take care, and have fun! (good fun)
Con Amor,
Elder Stevens
No comments:
Post a Comment