Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We Are Working Hard! 7/5/10












Hello my Family and Friends!!!

(Pics are my area in Coatzacoalcos)

Hurricane Alex didn't affect us at all. We got some rain, but that's it. It hit the house of my companion and Elder Divildox (from Monterrey). They don't think there's any damage.

Everything here is ok. We have hit a period of time that is very slow. We haven't been finding many people, but we have some prospects to work with this week. Hopefully we will see some more miracles and have some baptisms in the next couple of weeks. We are working hard and trying to love the people and help them. I am beginning to understand that not always will we have baptisms. There are many times in the Book of Mormon where there weren't any baptisms, just preaching. But after came a time when the people were humbled, and the work of the past missionaries helped many be baptized! I love the teachings of the Book of Mormon--there is something for everything! How cool!

I have learned so many things here! I love it, and I can't imagine my life without my Mish! It would be so much harder, and I wouldn't understand much! But how cool that I'm blessed with this chance! SWEET!!!!

Well I love you guys, and I hope you're all doing well! Keep up the good work, and really put attention to the little things of the Gospel. You'll be surprised what great lessons the Spirit will teach you..... We had a Stake Conference and the 70 that came told us, "We shouldnt worry about the big sins like killing or stealing. It's the small ones that will get us and will win." It's so true (he said it better than I did, but I can't speak English-no speecha inglish hehe) But I loved it.

Two weeks ago we contacted an American in the street, and I couldn't speak English! It was funny. I think my companion spoke better English than I did haha! How funny.

Love you guys tons! Hope you're doing well! Happy 4th of July! I'm gonna buy me a cake! In your face!!! hehe ;)

Love Your Missionary,
Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment